Friday, July 31, 2009

monster of a good read . . .

Monster Monster by Walter Dean Myers

My rating: 5 of 5 stars I flew through this book- it's not hard to read and it's not too long and it is incredible!! somewhat depressing at the same time though, because of the situation in which the main character is placed (in prison, at a murder trial). but his character as portrayed through his short diary entries and his perspective of the "movie of the experience" (in which format the book is written) is one that inspires trust and hope. This book is excellently written. I love that the author inspires and invites the reader to examine the decisions that the main character made, or failed to make. This book is excellent and I highly recommend it. View all my reviews >>


No comments:

Post a Comment