Wednesday, October 14, 2009

my first book by Sarah Dessen . . . pretty good!

Just Listen Just Listen by Sarah Dessen


My rating: 3 of 5 stars
shh annabel, it's just me . . .I thought that the way this book was written was interesting, with annabel (main character) having flashbacks every time something reminded her of that one night . . .interesting. It's kind of like real life. I thought this book was more on the realistic side as well, which is a pleasant experience for this kind of book. I think that annabel was a character well done; i think a lot of people could relate to her that have wanted to keep to themselves in order to not hurt those around them. her thoughts and actions were right in line with what a teenage girl thinks and feels- when she's faced with tough situations with her family and friends, and also when she starts liking a boy. There was an interesting dynamic there with her family, and also with Owen-- who was perhaps a little less believable. also the model thing? maybe just a little hokey. and the glass house thing? i'm pretty sure no one would live like that- it distracted me so much that i would constantly think, "do these people never wander downstairs in the middle of the night in their underwear to get a drink of water? what if they have bedhead hair? or scratch themselves inappropriately?" Taking that into consideration, I really enjoyed reading this- my first Sarah Dessen book-- it is a good one.

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment