Saturday, November 7, 2009

the individual . . . from "we" to "I"

Anthem (Centennial Edition) Anthem by Ayn Rand


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
This is a short one that you can read in one sitting. And then want to think about for a little while after.

I really liked how this book emphasized the power and necessity of the individual. To me at least, it was the power and necessity of the individual that was emphasized. It was exciting to watch the one man break free and become what we knew he would all along. Even though I could see it coming, I enjoyed the process from "we" to "I"- both used powerfully.

There's a lot of fun symbol stuff in here too. Also, I could definitely feel some of the passion behind this writing. So much faith and belief in the individual.

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment