Monday, June 6, 2011

The Maze Runner

The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1)The Maze Runner by James Dashner
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I felt like this book was a mix of Hunger Games, Lord of the Flies, and Ender's Game. Made things kind of interesting. Definitely a dynamic story that you will get caught up in, although it might take you getting used to the constant annoying questions the main character asks at the beginning. The plot and idea behind the story was pretty exciting and intriguing, especially since you don't get background information up front--it's kind of learned along the way. The made-up vocabulary was an interesting touch to put on it . . . still not sure if I liked it. I also wish i would have seen more character development and uniqueness--sometimes that felt a little flat. But overall, a really great read. I finished it in one sitting, and tons of my male students LOVE it (maybe b/c it's lighter on the romance side than, say, Hunger Games). And it's a cliffhanger, people, so you gotta read the next one!

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment