Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Revolver

RevolverRevolver by Marcus Sedgwick
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The best YA I've read in a while! You can't help but admire the writing- sparse but full of action and tension. But I also got really caught up in the story. It's just so fascinating. I loved learning more about the time period--in an indirect way--but also the characters were so captivating and unique that I was interested the whole time. It also feels like it has wider significance--morals that you can pull from the action other than the ones that are more overt. I really enjoy reading books where you can gradually see the puzzle pieces fit together to create a masterful narrative, and seeing where those pieces fit in was part of the excitement of this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment