Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1)The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Mara wasn't the all-too-common lame girl character.  Of course this new romance with Noah is way to obsessive, but what can you do? She does have other talents and things going on in her life. She also had a family life. I really liked that part of it--her relationships and interactions with her family were central to the book and she really loved her family. Yes, she has issues, but without the support of her family she would be much worse off. I loved that the family was depicted that way.

I would have liked this book a lot less had the writing not been so good. Really engaging, and descriptions of character's feelings were well done. And one final side note: the whole Spanish teacher character was lame and so laughably unrealistic that it bothered me. Also note that there is quite a bit of sexual innuendo and swearing and such; content not appropriate for all readers.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment