Monday, December 15, 2008

Laugh Out Loud

So every so often when I read something that is funny, I have no self restraint that keeps me from laughing out loud. Sometimes, VERY loud. And yes, I do get funny looks. But I'm not embarrassed--if someone hears me laughing, they might ask "what are you reading?" which is a wonderful way for me to share a funny moment and a book with them.
So here are a few that made me laugh out loud, that I think a lot of people will enjoy.






Marley & Me by John Grogan. Such a sweet story! makes me want to get a dog . . but also was great at telling about the lives of young married couples and how having a pet can be such a rewarding experience (on the whole . . .!) This book is so funny--especially some of the things that Marley the dog does, and you can't help but laugh out loud and fall in love with him a little bit more.




The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie. I laughed my head off! I love this book not only for its humor, but also because I felt like it was a real portrait of a real boy and real feelings. Mild content issues, but nothing major that should be worried about. This book honestly dealt with the way people feel. Life is funny sometimes, as well as sad, and so was this book! Loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment